Monday Morning Meme

A weekly meme from Karen and Write from Karen.

1. How long have you been blogging? Who is your target audience? How often, if at all, do you think about quitting or taking an extended break? What do you do when you start feeling burned out with blogging?

I started blogging just over two years ago - starting out with my MySpace blog. Perhaps because I'm never sure on my target audience I never hone in and develop a steady following. I write/blog about writing (Write Anything), breastfeeding (Type A Mom), the joys of motherhood (here) and post up my short stories and other writing bits and pieces at my base blog Writing With Passionate Abandon! I'm sporadic in nature - so I blog hard core for a while, then drop off though two regular writing gigs are putting pay to just dropping off the face of the earth every now and again.

I'd never consider taking an extended break or quitting. There are days when I would prefer not to have to front up to my Type A Mom writing gig ... but I remind myself it's all experience and exposure. Plus I have information and wisdom to share. When I feel a bit burnt out - look for something fun to write about ... or consider keeping to a routine that brings me into contact with lots of interesting things to blog about.

The greatest enemy of my blogging is time - the time to sit and write!

2. What’s on your mind now?

The rain ... well it's almost 9:30pm here in Australia ... and it's been the main thing on my mind, other than the articles that needed to be written today and tomorrow ... and wondering if the rain will continue for a friends kids birthday party tomorrow.

3. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or the mind of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? Explain your answer, please.

I would go with my 30 year old body - because I believe that the mind, if kept active never deteriorates, whereas the body, even with the best of care and nourishment will fade and fall apart eventually.

4. What would you constitute a “perfect” evening for you?

Perfect evening - would start with not having to hang out for half an hour with my son helping him go to sleep. Someone else cooking dinner and washing up, a chance to snuggle with my partner and a book/or movie. Getting to swim under the moon before bed.

Or - if I really push the limits - having a brand new rave outfit and go dancing until the sun comes up ... and have the stamina and fitness for one night to do it!!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

I love your attitude about blogging. I think my main problems is coming up with something to blog about.
Just thinking about my dear hubby trying to cook me dinner would not make for a perfect evening. The man can not cook a thing.
Enjoyed reading your anwers. Hope you have a wonderful week.

teabird said...

Interesting answer to the question about body or mind. I would have said mind - mindlessly! - but your logic is impeccable... And you changed my mind!